Cubs Game Notes For Friday @ Atlanta
* The Cubs won four of their seven games against the Braves in 2012. It was just the third time this century that the Cubs had a winning record against Atlanta in a season (2008 – 6-0; 2000 – 5-4).
* The Cubs allowed just six runs in their season-opening series against Pittsburgh, their fewest in the first series of a season (minimum three games) since giving up six runs to the Braves in 1993.
* Only the Tampa Bay Rays (2.75) have a lower team ERA since the 2012 All-Star break than the Braves (2.88).
* Scott Feldman will be making his debut with the Cubs after spending his first eight seasons with the Texas Rangers. Feldman has faced the Braves just once in his career, allowing two runs in 7.0 innings but picking up a no decision on June 19, 2008.
* Justin Upton has a hit in each of his first three games as a Brave. His brother B.J., however, is still looking for his first hit since joining Atlanta, going 0-for-11 with seven strikeouts in the series against the Phillies. The seven strikeouts are tied for second most in MLB (Brett Wallace, Hou – 8).
* Mike Minor has made four career appearances (all starts) against the Cubs, going 4-0. Since 1921, only three pitchers have had more consecutive appearances (all starts) with a victory against the Cubs to start a career. The record is held by Ben Sheets (6).