ROMEOVILLE -- Two town-homes were destroyed and two workers injured when a gas leak caused an explosion in a Romeoville subdivision Tuesday night.
Workers from NICOR were repairing a gas leak at the time of the blast, city officials say. Two were injured, one seriously, and they are currently receiving treatment.
Several other units around the explosion were evacuated and emergency personnel from NICOR, Romeoville Public Works, Fire Department, Police Department, Emergency Management, Building Department and the Lockport Fire Protection District were all on the scene.
Gas was still being detected as NICOR worked to shut off the main in the area Tuesday night.
Residents captured images of the fire as it broke out near the corner of Wespark Blvd. and Strawflower Ct. in the Wespark subdivision.
This is a developing story, please check back here for more details.