6 hospitalized following CO leak in Skokie

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Old Orchard Residences in northwest suburban Skokie was evacuated due to a carbon monoxide leak.

The cause was a malfunctioning furnace system.

Carbon monoxide alarms went off at around 8 a.m. which probably helped save from a major disaster.

Six people were sent to area hospitals with symptoms of nausea and lightheadedness. No serious injuries were reported.

The cause of the leak is still under investigation.