Lightning strikes house, causes gas leak in Monee

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MONEE, Ill. — A lightning strike caused a gas leak in Monee early Thursday morning.

Fire crews responded to a house in the 25800 block of Sunrise Court for a gas leak.

Eight homes were evacuated due to the incident. No injuries have been reported.

Authorities say the village hall is open as a shelter for those affected.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.