5 students hospitalized after ingesting unknown substance

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHICAGO -- Paramedics rushed five students out of Chicago’s Clemente High School today on the northwest side.

Classmates tell WGN News the sick kids ate brownies laced with marijuana.

The students are expected to be ok.

Police and school officials are investigating.

The principal sent a note to parents saying those kids ingested an unknown substance, and that moving forward there would be absolutely no baked goods or outside food for sharing.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.