CHICAGO -- The videotaped depositions of Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson were released Thursday after the jury was selected in the wrongful death lawsuit against the City of Chicago after a police officer shot and killed a teen and the teen's neighbor in 2015.
Quintonio LeGrier's family is suing the city after the 19-year-old college student was shot by Chicago police Officer Robert Rialmo. Bettie Jones, a 55-year-old neighbor, was also fatally shot.
Lawyers for LeGrier's estate successfully argued Wednesday that jurors should hear about Jones.
Attorneys for the city declined to comment. Jones' estate attorney Larry Rogers Jr. said it wouldn't make sense if Jones' death isn't discussed during the trial.
Rialmo says he fired at LeGrier because the teen swung a baseball bat at him. But a police disciplinary body found no evidence LeGrier did so.
In a pre-trial hearing on Wednesday, the judge refused the city's request to bar any reference to the death of Jones or to the $16 million settlement that the Jones estate reached with the city just last week.
Jones was at LeGrier's home in 2015, when Officer Rialmo shot them while responding to a domestic disturbance call.
The Civilian Office of Police Accountability has ruled the shooting was unjustified.
The trial begins Monday morning.