CHICAGO -- Two adult brothers were injured in a fire at a home on the city's South Side.
The fire broke out around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday at a 1.5-story building in the 6300 block of South Bell in West Englewood.
Fire crews rescued one of the victims from the burning home.
The other brother was already outside when firefighters arrived.
One of the victims was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center in critical condition. The second person was taken to Holy Cross Hospital in serious condition.
Investigators say the fire started in a bedroom and was sparked by smoking materials.