6-year-old girl among 5 hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning in Bronzeville

squad-car-lights

CHICAGO — Five people were taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning in Bronzeville.

The Chicago Fire Department responded to the two-story house in the 4800 block of South Evans Avenue.

A 6-year-old girl was in serious-to-critical condition and transported to Comer Children’s Hospital. A 70-year-old woman, 45-year-old woman and 17-year-old boy were taken to University of Chicago Medical Center. A 65-year-old man was taken to Mercy Hospital.

The Chicago Fire Department says the carbon monoxide reached life-threatening levels.

No word yet on the source of the leak.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.